Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Back to the blog (again).

This time for the purposes of journalling, which is after all, why I wanted a blog all those months years ago.
Having started the 30 days Vegan Cleanse, I went to bed last night with some reflections on the whys and hopes for me, and lo! On browsing the Nourish the Whole Self blog, Heather suggests a journal for the month, with some helpful prompts to get started.
I think this process would be superficial for me without taking the time to write stuff down. So here I am.
March 2011 070
My kitchen is my favourite room in our semi-renovated house. We're almost there.

March 2011 069
I've been eradicating plastic storage for several years now. I collect jars from op-shops and my partner tries not to roll his eyes when I haul another clutch in clattering and clunking. We use them all though!
March 2011 066
March 2011 068
Sadly, my kitchen stylist was unavailable, so hello shelves in all your cluttery reality. There is plenty there in plastic yet, but I'd say we have a higher glass to plastic ratio than your average Australian kitchen.
In my twenties I was vegetarian for 8 years with nary a meaty morsel. I lived in a vegatarian share-house and we always had a pot of vege curry or soup on the stove.
I fell off the wagon when I moved back in with my folks to complete some post-graduate study, and things have slid downhill from there.
With an eldest child so sensitive to taste and texture he mainly sits at the dinner table with a ready look of distaste on his face, I seem now to have ingrained the habit of pleasing everyone else in the kitchen.
Birthday crown for the 6yo.Butter wouldn't melt in this little darlin's mouth. Literally, he'd more often than not wrinkle his nose at it!
In retrospect this misguided rythym of catering for everyone else has left me, the mama, the heart of our home and family tired, overweight, and unhappy in appearance - in essence, out of sync with me. I almost forget who me is. I do so hope to rejuvenate, refresh, revive me. And not just for the 30 days. This is a reinventing, a rediscovering an invigoration and a shaking off of lethargy, apathy.

It is time to take this bull by the horns my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment